Jan 12, 2007

Breaking News - Snow! and an Accident!

Last Wednesday, everyone got stuck in the office because of all the snow on the streets... Cars just get stuck climbing a very small hill, or just trying to turn around a corner or something!, wheels just keep on spinning without the car moving... a lot of people actually just leave their cars in the streets and walk; because cars just don’t move with all the snow that turns into ice on the roads!!. Here are some pics I have taken in Redmond.


I stayed at work for more than 2 hours, just waiting for the traffic to clear up a little bit... anyway we decided to go home me and Ali (we live in the same complex)... so he took his car, I took mine, he was driving in front of me... My car is kind of a small compact car, It’s not bad (thank god) actually it’s considered a very good car, but it’s just a small car... anyway It all started by having problems with climbing out of the building garage! I couldn't get any traction, I reached almost the rpm red line, and the wheels just keep on spinning without the car moving!... after a long struggle I managed to get out of the garage, Ali was driving in front of me coz he knew a shortcut to home... He says he was slowing down for a speed pump or something just before getting out of the MS campus, that's when he actually suddenly fully stopped! anyway, I was just behind him.. I pushed the brakes but the car kept on sliding towards him, I hardly turned to the other lane of the road which luckily was free of other cars! (Thank God)... But still, I didn't manage to completely avoid hitting Ali; I just slightly scratched both of our paintings... Oops, Ali went down to go to look for how much damage we made, in the meanwhile I was still under the shock that I couldn’t even open my car door! I asked him “Did we hit hard?”, “No, no everything is OK, it doesn’t look like there is anything” he replied (Thank God again).

In the middle of the shortcut, we kind of figured out that it's moving so slow... really so slow!, so we decided to go on the normal regular way, so just turning to the other lane to head back, since the other lane was almost free (no cars actually was going on the other way), so snow was heavier on the road, so again, my car got stuck in this snow, and Again I tried to get the full car's horsepower to get out of this thing!... Anyway we went back to the MS campus, I parked my car in the garage, we took Ali's car to go back home, he and his wife spent some time with me and my Mom, we went down for a while to play in the snow... headed back, watched a little TV... and then they just went home...
Wow, What a day... How many times did this happen to u?!... It was kind of a cool day after all.

12 comments:

--_-- said...

Cool!! very very cool to the extent that made me feel chillin ;)

& i envy u, since i was a kid and i dream about playing with snow balls...U R LUCKY yabakhtak :)

Hany Barakat said...

:-) what's all that envy! I feel the snow is melting outside :-P... About playing in the snow, it was really fun (teasing u since u wish 2 play with snow :-P)... we laughed a lot, also even when we were wearing gloves, our hands really felt so cold! We were planning to build a snow man, but we felt that we were going to reach the freezing point before finishing it!

--_-- said...

Kefayaaaa harammmmm, stop it ba'a, & khalas ya seedi we knew enak played a lot with snow, da eeh el ghalasa di!:(
bas eeh yaany bardo wala yehemeny, bokra asafer we ala'ab aktar menak :p

Hany Barakat said...

:-) n sha2 Allah u will...

Mohamed Moshrif said...

I am telling you let's go have some skiing on a place which got real snow, but you still saying no :(

--_-- said...

do you know why he doesn't wanna go skiing with you ya Meshref, cuz he is afraid of getting hurt as i envy him :p, (yaany el omr mesh ba'azaa)

Hany Barakat said...

:-) Actually I'm afraid of getting hurt without envy or anything!

--_-- said...

Hey you lazy Hany! have u really got hurt walla eeh, where are your posts man?!

P.S. please remove the word verification thing, i never get correctly from the first time...Annoyiiiiiing! :p

Hany Barakat said...

:-) La2 la2 la hurt wala 7aga el 7md Allah!, dana 3afret zy el gnn aho!... :-) I'll post a post soon, don't worry!...

P.S. I removed the word verification thing ;-)... Ay 7'edma... soon n sha2 allah ha3ml delivery lel posts l7d el beet :-)...

--_-- said...

Delivery...hayyyy horraaaaaaaay!
Brilliant idea bro, and i'm in need for it as i'm lazy these days :D
Salamz!

الحصان الأسود said...

very nice story ya hany,

well you remind me of a say from an italian american friend arround boston, she wanted to buy another car, i asked her why she would do so if she likes her sports dodge stealth, she say it's very nice, she loves it, but the winter in coming up and it wouldnt help at all during winters, i didnt fully understand her, so she explained to me that when snow or water frezzes on the road it makes sleet, which is totally like glass, cars would slide on it and never respond to you, thats why some people attach chains to the tires, and at these times the 4x4 cars are doing better performance, so she was to park the Dodge and use the 4x4 Lexus in winters, now do you think you should buy another car for usage on sleety roads in winters

Hany Barakat said...

:-) buy another car! I just bought this car! It's my 1st winter here in the Seattle area. They keep on saying that snowing here hardly happens... So, I'll wait for another couple of years before getting a new car! But I'm thinking about buying chains for tires!